The uses of this app for Social Studies education are endless, as each major section is covered in traditional classroom settings. I think one of the most interesting uses would be during a unit on WWI, as the students can use the app to see the historical pictures and read interesting facts surrounding the events that are not usually covered in traditional textbooks as they adapt to the new content. Besides the somewhat high price for the app, and the fact that students would need tablets to use this app in the classroom, another downside is that the app is somewhat limited in scope, focusing on the biggest events of human civilization (Industrial Revolution, WWI, etc.), but they leave out many important periods. Without this additional content, I am not sure if the price could be justified for supplemental material that will only apply to certain units.
http://www.landka.com/
It looks like this app had a lot of potential but fell short. Still, I think it might be worth it to the right group of kids. Good historical apps aren't that easy to find.
ReplyDeleteIt would definitely have a lot of worth depending on the topic. I know some classes only cover events such as WWI and WWII, which would definitely be aided with this app.
DeleteThis app is really cool as it contextualizes many of the major events in US history. The animations in particular I think would really help to engage the students in the material.
ReplyDeleteI was definitely a big fan of the animations and facts when looking at this app. Tough to get that from textbooks!
DeleteThis app is really cool as it contextualizes many of the major events in US history. The animations in particular I think would really help to engage the students in the material.
ReplyDelete